THE SELL WITH STORY GUIDE™
How to find & tell your signature story in a way that connects and converts
I want to have a conversation with you about how you can create what I call ‘verbal fluency.’
Have you ever got up in front of a group to do a presentation and it didn’t come out as clear as it was in your head? You wrote it all down, you thought it was clear, then you got up and it didn’t come out the way you wanted it. It’s what I call ‘content muddle.’ Content muddle happens when you weren’t able to articulate your ideas in the way you wanted to say it.
I want to teach you verbal fluency: the ability to communicate effectively your ideas the way you want them to be heard.
Here are 3 ideas for creating Verbal Fluency:
1. Speak your presentation out loud. Don’t just read over it or write it down. Practice it out loud. This will link your brain to your mouth.
2. Practice your presentation at least three times. Whenever you do your first presentation, it should never be your first presentation. You should have practiced it three times.
3. Use cues. Don’t write everything you want to say word for word, because your concentration will be on saying the right word not connecting with your audience. People don’t want to hear a robot speak; they want to hear a human speak. I think if you’ve practices it, then your message will get across. Just have some cues or key points (like 1 – 3 words) which will remind you of what you want to say. This will enable you to speak more fluently, confidently and with a sense of conviction.
That’s today’s tip.
I’ve got a question for you: What’s been most helpful for you in this newsletter? Please share this in the comments below; I’d love to hear from you.
Speak to you soon.
Discover to Deliver a Highly Persuasive Presentation and Move People into Action
Join Colin for a free masterclass on persuasive presentation (without coming across pushy or sales-y).
On this workshop you’re going to discover:
- Proven strategies that the top 1% of influencers use to become leaders in their marketplace.
- You’ll learn how they craft and deliver presentations to achieve massive impact.
THE PERSUASIVE SPEECH GUIDE
How to rock your next presentation from the first word