THE SELL WITH STORY GUIDE™
How to find & tell your signature story in a way that connects and converts
How to Address an Issue without Causing Defensiveness
Here is the formula:
1. Understand that their intention is positive. Through the study of human behaviour, we’ve come to understand that all behaviour is from a positive intention space. For example, it may simply be their positive intention to protect their own identity or self-worth that has caused them to do something negative.
2. Separate behaviour from intention. The more you separate behaviour from intention, the less defensive an individual will be.
3. Here is a script for addressing it:
“Hi Jack, the other day in our meeting, you mentioned something to Jenny and I’m wondering if you can help me understand where you’re coming from. I know that your intention was good, and I need your help to understand what message you were delivering?”
Use this script to address an issue with a staff member. It will enable you to address their behaviour, rather than their intention, enabling behaviourial change.
Discover to Deliver a Highly Persuasive Presentation and Move People into Action
Join Colin for a free masterclass on persuasive presentation (without coming across pushy or sales-y).
On this workshop you’re going to discover:
- Proven strategies that the top 1% of influencers use to become leaders in their marketplace.
- You’ll learn how they craft and deliver presentations to achieve massive impact.
THE PERSUASIVE SPEECH GUIDE
How to rock your next presentation from the first word