When I first started speaking I honestly had no idea what I was doing.
I remember my first paid speaking opportunity was for 5 people in a small room in the back of a travel agency.
I was petrified.
As I drove to that 2-hour presentation I remember thinking….
“How am I going to speak for 2 hours straight?”
“What if the presentation goes off track halfway through and I can’t get it back?”
“What if my PowerPoint doesn’t work and I have nothing to speak from?”
All of these thoughts raced through my head!
I spoke at this small event and made a lot of mistakes.
But I learned from them and it took me from desperately hoping people would like me to being an in-demand international speaker.
The truth is I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my speaking career.
Some of them are very painful.
The good thing is that you don’t have to learn the hard way.
The best way to learn is from other people’s mistakes…i.e. MINE!
On The Expert Edge Podcast this week I want to share with you the 3 big mistakes that I have made and the lessons I’ve learned.
These mistakes can be the difference between becoming a pro in this industry or a nobody.
This week’s episode is really practical, you’ll discover:
- The 4 Modes of Presenting and how you can utilize them to ensure that your audience stays engaged the whole time ( I normally only share these in my paid programs, but I wanted to give them to you today for free)
- Why most people use PowerPoint the wrong way (and how you can utilize it so that your audience pay attention to you)
- The #1 mistake that beginner speakers make that caused them to feel anxious and fearful coming into the presentation – and the one simple shift you can do to go from Fear to Confidence fast!
- You’ll walk away from this episode with some really practical strategies to use right away
Colin “Avoid these mistakes” Boyd
P.S. Once you hear the first mistake and you understand how to use the ‘four modes of presenting’ you’re going to be very grateful that you listened to this week. Listen now
P.P.S. Here are a few more ways to connect and get support in your expert business from Colin…
- Connect with me on Instagram, I share daily inspiration content there @colinboyd
- Register yourself for the VIP Waitlist of Sell From Stage Academy®. This will ensure you don’t miss out on any bonuses or unique opportunities when the Academy opens again very soon!
- Want to check out my new home virtual studio and design your own from it – Click here